PEACC was designed and developed by a veteran of the unclaimed property, D. Patrick (“Pat”) Healy. With over twenty-years experience in the unclaimed property compliance reporting and consulting industry, Pat has worked with and trained numerous Fortune 500 companies, in all industry types, throughout the country in overall unclaimed property compliance. His advice and suggested best practices have legally allowed his clients to save millions of dollars in unclaimed property exposure.
Pat has ten years of experience in unclaimed property reporting software where he was both the Product and Compliance Manager of two of the country’s leading unclaimed property reporting software systems. He has published magazine articles, written newsletters and bulletins on all areas of unclaimed property compliance. He negotiated sensitive client issues and concerns with all States, while acting as a liaison between clients and the States. He was then aggressively recruited by the “Big 5/Final 4” accounting/consulting firms and spent time in this environment marketing the unclaimed property service lines while also assisting clients in the reporting of their unclaimed property, including all compliance issues. He has also assisted companies in their voluntary reporting, while estimating exposure, legally lowering it, and negotiating favorable and honest settlements with the States. Pat also started up and was the National Practice Leader for two other national accounting/consulting firms. In these roles, he started up an unclaimed property practice from scratch and grew it into a multi-million dollar service line, while supporting a $5 million book of revenue at the other firm where the Client Satisfaction Feedback Survey provided a 9.8 score on a 10 scale.
Since 1990, Pat has been a well respected and honest authority on unclaimed property compliance throughout the country. He is a sought after speaker and has presented on various unclaimed property topics at numerous industry seminars and conferences. He has participated in just about all State and Holder sponsored events over the last twenty years. He was a founding member in 1992 of the Unclaimed Property Holders Liaison Council (“UPHLC”), now known as the Unclaimed Property Professionals Organization (“UPPO”), where he has served on various committees and panels.
Pat has presented and spoken on a variety of unclaimed property topics at the following conferences, seminars and meetings:
- DISC User Conference and Trainings
- American Automobile Association (“AAA”) of California Annual Conference
- Servantis Systems, Inc. User Conference and Trainings
- Unclaimed Property Holders Liaison Council (“UPHLC”) Holder Education Conferences and Seminars
- Unclaimed Property Professionals Organization (“UPPO”) Holder Education Conferences and Seminars
- CheckFree APECS User Conferences and Trainings
- Maryland National Bank Employees Seminar Series
- National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators (“NAUPA”) Conferences and Seminars
- KPMG LLP National Unclaimed Property Services Training Seminars
- Chesapeake System Solutions, Inc. Annual User Conferences and Trainings
- Deloitte & Touche LLP National State and Local Tax (“SALT”) Conference
- Philadelphia Treasury Management Association (“TMA”) Seminars
- Northeast Ohio TMA Annual Conference
- Lorman Educational Services – National Unclaimed Property Seminar Series (Atlanta, GA; Miami, FL; Philadelphia, PA; Baltimore, MD; Rockville, MD; Seattle, WA; Indianapolis, IN; and Columbus, OH)
- Northern Virginia TMA Seminar
- Mid-Atlantic TMA Annual Conferences
- Greater Houston HFTP Conference
- Greater Denver HFTP Conference
- Greater Hartford HFTP Conference
- Greater Philadelphia HFTP Conference
- Greater Washington, DC HFTP Conference
- SC&H Trainings and Seminars
- Maryland Financial Managers Society Seminar
- Southern California Payroll Managers Association
- New Jersey Bankers Association
Prior to his career in the unclaimed property industry he gained valuable experience as an Auditor with the United States Department of Energy – Inspector General’s Office; and a local governmental agency. Pat holds a BS Degree in Business Management from the University of Baltimore and an MBA Degree in Management from Mount Saint Mary’s University in Emmitsburg, Maryland. He also attended the American Banker’s Association National Compliance School at the University of Oklahoma.
It is because if his past experience that Pat realized that unclaimed property compliance was not on the top of many company’s “to-do” list. Mostly because it was a new concept to corporate America. He has found that most companies do want to comply with the law, but don’t want to pay the high fees associated with most service providers to assist with compliance. That’s why PEACC’s tag line is “Where unclaimed property consulting doesn’t have to be expensive, just good!”
Please feel free to contact Pat directly at 410.303.5510, or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the cost advantages of turning to PEACC as your total solution to unclaimed property compliance!!